News TOP

News Detail

President Duterte offers Php 1-M reward for capture of Abu Sayyaf bandits



President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday said he is offering P1-million reward for the immediate arrest of the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) members who are still hiding in Bohol province.

“I have a one million offer per person ako. Tip lang ibigay mo sa pulis pati military, no questions asked, do not even give your name, sabi mo lang kung saan sila at gobyerno na ang bahala,” President Duterte told reporters in a chance interview in Tagbilaran, Bohol following a security briefing on the upcoming Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit.

He said he had ordered the military and police to “finish the game” and hunt down all ASG bandits who clashed with government forces last week.
H
e noted that there are still about six bandits scouring the mountains of Bohol.

The Chief Executive also assured the public that his government is doing its best to curb terrorism and prevent the ASG from reaching other places in the country.

“I said we are doing our best. The Army is here, the place is secured. We have more than enough officers to fight for one year if need be. So you are safe,” he said.

Meanwhile, President Duterte said all is set to host world leaders for the upcoming ASEAN Summit.

“So matagal na ‘yan pinilano. It’s been in the books for --- alam na namin ‘yung mga events na darating. It has been prepared a long time ago,” he said.

As for the plans of the University of the Philippines (UP) to offer an honorary degree for Duterte, the President said he is not inclined to accept it adding that he is not used to accepting rewards.

“With due respect sa University of the Philippines, I do not accept even when I was mayor… As a matter of personal and official policy, I do not accept awards. Wala sa pagkatao ko,” he said. (PNA) RMA/PND/RSM

PNA  

Pinoy Gazette Digital Edition